Volunteers Make a Difference.
You can make a difference!
United Caring Services relies heavily on the dedicated involvement of many awesome volunteers to succeed in its mission.
Will you help us make a difference? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 402-1074 to start your journey of service and giving back.
- Volunteers serve on committees and set the strategic vision and direction of our services to the community. Join a committee or our Board of Directors.
- Volunteers act as liaisons between the shelter community and the public at large.
- Volunteers play a crucial role in delivering services to the numerous guests we serve.
- Volunteers help expand the reach of our services and bring fresh energy and enthusiasm to the staff and guests.
- Are you a new volunteer? Sign up to be a volunteer. Go HERE.
We want our volunteers to have rewarding volunteer experiences and we want to make sure our guests are treated well. To that end, all volunteers are required to sign a Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Looking to serve (another) meal? Use SIGN-UP GENIUS to see openings.
- Please CHECK-IN here and share your hours and experience HERE.
- If you are a board or committee member, then CHECK-IN and share HERE.
Prepare, cook and serve meals at the Day Shelter — Breakfast 9:00 am, Lunch 12:00 pm, and dinner 5:00 pm or 6:30 pm at Ruth’s House. Arrive earlier to properly prepare and serve. Bring and prepare your own food or check with staff about what a pre-determined supplies/meal might be, then cook and serve that meal. USe SIGN UP GENIUS below to find an immediate opening or call for future service.
Work at the Day Shelter front desk, answer phones, receive donations, hand out hygiene items, assist guests with laundry, assist with intake in the men’s and women’s Night Shelter programs, and listen to stories about their day.
Sort and hang clothes, organize the pantry, and prepare clothing voucher requests at the Day Shelter, or Ruth’s House.
Provide daily, weekly, or occasional support to our Office Administration by answering phones, entering data, stuffing envelopes, organizing files, etc. Give tours, advocate, and share information with others.
Clean, organize, paint, provide maintenance, and help maintain the grounds at our three properties, or take on a special project.
Host A Gathering:
Got the gift of organization and leadership? Help United Caring Services by coordinating a donations drive, host a fundraising event, or organize a “give back” night event. Ask us how else you can help advocate, support, and partner with UCS. (812) 422-0297 x1
IMPORTANT – Meal Serving Opportunities:
Our SIGN UP GENIUS shows several upcoming meal service openings. it is a daily need AND a great way to support UCS and the people we serve. Call (812) 402-1074 for details or to ask questions. Thanks!