As a tax-exempt, charitable nonprofit, The United Caring Shelters, Inc. dba United Caring Services values financial accountability and transparency as a matter of ethical leadership, as well as legal compliance. We value the very-important trust our donors place in us with each contribution.
HERE is a statement for the UCS Board of Directors on the importance of financial transparency.
UCS exists to benefit the community.
- We are a homeless shelter and services agency.
- We are committed to service with the poor, homeless, and vulnerable.
- We recognize the dignity and worth of each person.
- We believe every person deserves to realize their God-given potential.
- We are dedicated to being a place for collaboration and a community of caring for all people.
UCS is recognized as an organization exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are deductible as provided in section 170 of the code. Indiana state tax-exempt number: 0005636833. EIN: 35-1892153.
United Caring Services is a platinum-level GuideStar participant, demonstrating our commitment to transparency.
See our public profile.
Board of Directors.
Meetings are on the 4th Monday of every month at 5:30 pm at the UCS conference room (with online options) at UCS. Here is our up-to-date member list as of Sept 2022.
IRS Filing Requirement
UCS is required to file an IRS Form 990 every year.
- 2016 Year-End Report
- 2017 Year-End Report
- 2018 Year-End Report
- 2019 Year-End Report
- 2020 Year-End Report
- 2021 Year-End Report