- UCS served approximately 3,481 people in need across all programs which is a 5.5% increase over 2017.
- Our day shelter (drop-in center) assisted approx. 154 men, women, & children each day which is a 4.4% increase over 2017.
- We served 115,287 hot meals, provided 23,640 showers with clean towels and toiletries, and 7,623 loads of laundry were washed & dried at no charge to our guests. It was another amazing year of service!
- Our emergency night shelters provided 183 women and 420 men shelter, safety, and support which is 4.33% increase in people served over 2017.
- UCS provided 23,191 bed nights of emergency shelter to people in need in 2018.
- Our medical respite helped 21 men and women rest, recuperate, and experience greater health outcomes and stability.
- Our white flag program assisted 29 men, women, and children (on average) each night to escape the cold and rest for 55 nights. There was a 16% increase in people utilizing this program in 2017.
- Our 21 apartments operated at capacity for the entire year helping 21 men and women escape homelessness and remain housed.
- Over 600 people volunteered monthly, weekly, and daily for more than 16,000 hours to help make this happen.
- Check out 2017’s Service Summary HERE.
- Check out 2019’s Service Summary HERE.
United Caring Services is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that provides people in need access to six programs: a day shelter (drop-in center) for men, women, and children, emergency temporary shelter for single men and women, additional emergency shelter during inclement weather (white/red flag), a medical respite for men and women, and low income apartments (permanent housing).
All of our programs aim to provide guests with the necessary opportunity, dignity, compassion, and tools to aid in their struggle to identify and overcome the barriers that attribute to their crisis of homelessness, near-homelessness, or hunger. We strive to assist guests in building and maintaining stronger, more positive support systems as they regain their independence. We strive to be a Community of Caring for all people.
Would you like to take a tour or learn more? Let us know.