Ways to Give

Your financial gifts go directly to help desperate men, women and children when they need it the most. Gifts of all sizes will help to transform the lives of people right here in the Evansville area.

Give online now!

Make an online gift by credit card or through electronic funds transfer (electronic check).

Give by mail

Send a check payable to
United Caring Shelters, Inc to:
United Caring Services
324 NW Sixth St
Evansville, IN 47708

Give in-kind donations

Please bring in-kind donations of food, clothing, etc to United Caring Services at 324 NW Sixth Street, Monday - Saturday, 9am to 5pm.

Monthly Utility Bill
Monthly Saleries
Monthly Maintenance

Accepted Donations

We appreciate the generosity of our donors who provide many of the necessities we use each day. Please note that we ask that all items be clean, safe and in working condition. New and used items are both accepted.

Find out more about our needs by checking the urgent and ongoing needs lists.
  • Household items
  • Clothing
  • Shoes
  • Bed and bath linens
  • Toys, games
  • Bicycles
  • Furniture
  • Mattresses
  • Books
  • Small appliances
  • Tools
  • Electronics
  • TVs (except console TVs)
  • Computers (except CRT monitors)
  • Sporting goods

Non-Cash Assets

Do you know you can make significant contributions to United Caring Services and the homeless we serve when you donate non-cash assets? About 90% of America’s wealth is in our “stuff”—items that can be turned into cash for our favorite charities!

Non-cash gifts accepted:
  • RVs, boats, airplanes
  • Musical instruments
  • Gold, Silver and Jewelry
  • Antiques and Collectibles
  • Overstock Furniture and Estate Furniture
  • Real Estate Property—undeveloped land, houses, other buildings.
  • Stock, bonds and mutual funds
Your unused, unwanted items provide the Shelter with funds to continue our programs and services for the homeless. By giving an appreciated asset, you avoid capital gains tax on the sale and receive a higher tax deduction. For most non-cash assets, you receive a tax deduction based on the fair market value of your gift.

Planned Giving

United Caring Services serves the homeless through the generosity of compassionate people like you. As a partner in our mission, you help ensure our restorative and life changing services will continue meeting the needs of homeless men, women and children in the Evansville area. And now, you can extend your support through a legacy gift, a planned gift.

Simple Ways to Offer Planned Gifts:
Bequest Through Will — Via your will, make a bequest to United Caring Services of a dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a specified property.

Gift of Life Insurance — Make UCS a beneficiary on part or all of your life insurance policy. You can receive a tax deduction for the value of the gift, reducing your income tax liability the year of the gift.

Retirement Account — You can receive estate tax savings when you designate United Caring Services as a beneficiary.

Gift of Appreciated Stock, Bonds or Mutual Funds — Avoid capital gains taxes and receive a tax deduction for the value of your gift for up to 30% of your contribution base. Bonds and mutual funds are similar to appreciated stock in their tax treatment. All State, municipal and U.S. government bonds welcome.
Please check with your attorney or financial planner before making planned gifts to United Caring Services.
United Caring Services is recognized as an organization exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are deductible as provided in section 170 of the code. EIN: 35-1892153

Urgent Needs

  • Toilet Paper & Napkins
  • Plastic Forks & Spoons
  • Soup Bowls & Napkins
  • Pop-top Fruit cups & Applesauce
  • Pop-top Vienna Sausages
  • Butter, Eggs, Milk, Cheese
  • Coffee, Sugar & Creamer
  • Seasonings (Oil, Salt, Pepper, Butter, Garlic, etc.)
  • Deodorant, Toothpaste, Disposable Razors
  • Antibacterial Cleaning Supplies
  • Backpacks
  • Volunteers - Laundry Assistance
  • Volunteers - Clothes Sorting
  • Volunteers - Intake Assistance
  • Volunteers - Dinner Meals at Ruth's House

Local Businesses that Give Back

Order your next flower arrangement or gift from Zeidler's and they will donate $2.00 to United Caring Services! Just mention us when you order.
Donate to UCS


How is United Caring Services supported?
United Caring Services receives support from donors, grants, special events and fundraisers

Does United Caring Services have an annual report?
Yes! Click this link to view our annual report.

What will my donation support?
Your financial gifts go directly to help men, women and children when they need it the most. Financial contributions go towards facility maintenance and utilities, staff salaries, and various programs and services.

Is my contribution tax-deductible?
United Caring Services is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) public charity; therefore, your contribution may be tax-deductible. Please check with your tax adviser to find out more. United Caring Services' Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number is 35-1892153.
Is it safe and secure for me to donate online to United Caring Services?
In a word: yes. Network for Good uses Secure Sockets Layer technology to encrypt all data submitted to and from our donations web page. SSL renders donors’ personal information, including credit card information, unreadable to any outsiders. SSL is supported by all major web browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. (To find out if your browser is connected to a secure transaction server, look for a locked gold padlock in the lower right-hand corner of your IE or Firefox browser.)

Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem making an online donation?
Please direct questions to “Donations” on our contact page or call us at 812-422-0297.

Can I make a recurring online donation?
Yes, on our donations web page, you can schedule a monthly or yearly gift to United Caring Services. In fact, we encourage it!
How do I cancel my recurring online donation?
Please direct questions to “Donations” on our contact page or call us at 812-422-0297.

My company matches my gifts to 501(c)(3) organizations. Is United Caring Services eligible to receive this type of match?
Yes, the IRS recognizes United Caring Services as a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. Thanks for asking!

Can I make a gift of appreciated securities to United Caring Services?
Yes, United Caring Services has a stock brokerage account established to accept stocks or bonds. Please direct questions to “Donations” on our contact page or call us at 812-422-0297.

Will United Caring Services rent, sell, or trade my personal information?
No. Please see our Privacy Policy for assurances on how we use information collected on our website.

dignity   faith   commitment   compassion   service   passion   unconditional love